UPDATED 7/16/20 9:30 A.M.
As leaders, we have been watching and evaluating both our body, the community and current guidelines from the state and local health departments. We have been in prayerful consideration of the current situation and Covid-19 and have decided to post-pone the re-opening of Sunday School and Nursery a few more weeks. We have had a member of our body test positive after traveling out of state, and though we are not forced to change plans or procedures because of this case, we do want to limit the opportunities for exposure moving forward. We have been, as we shared last week, informed that we have the freedom to have Sunday School and Nursery, but we want to open in a way that maintains our duties to submit to authorities and care for one another. Our desire is to be wise and careful and to limit the risks not only for the body as whole but for those in our body who are particularly vulnerable. So for the next few Sundays we will continue to meet for the Sunday Service at 10:15 a.m., but Sunday School and Nursery won’t be restarted for a couple more weeks. The service will continue to be live-streamed and recorded for viewing at home. Most of the seats are back in the Worship Center, and seating is open, though social distancing is still encouraged in seating and interacting. We will continue to evaluate the guidelines and information and will keep you updated. And we will continue to pray for you all, as all of us navigate this ongoing trial together.
In Service to Christ,
Elders of Countryside Bible Church
Hey Church Family,
We have received updated guidance concerning our re-opening plans and as of Monday, July 6th all of Nebraska is in Phase 3. The new guidance explicitly allows for Sunday Schools and Nurseries, with some guidelines. We met as leaders and decided to open up over the course of the next two Sundays. We are excited to return to a more normal schedule and wanted to let you know what that will look like. Starting today, July 12th, we will put most of the seats back in the worship center and leave just a few in the foyer like we used to. We will have a regular Sunday Morning Service at 10:15 a.m. with everyone together in the worship center. We will also be having an evening Communion service at 6 p.m. on July 12th.
Then on Sunday, July 19th we will start up Sunday schools, Nursery and Children’s Church. There will be just one adult Sunday School which will meet in the Worship Center at 9:00 a.m. Pastor Rod will be teaching on The Doctrine of Salvation. Children’s classes will meet in their normal rooms also at 9:00 a.m. They will meet and stay in their rooms for the whole Sunday school hour.
As we regather we have a ministry opportunity for you to prayerfully consider. Starting on Promotion Sunday in August, we will need 2 adults in each Children's Ministry Class (Sunday School, Children's Church, and Nursery). This means that two individuals or a couple will be needed for each class. So we will need a few additional volunteers in these important ministries, if you are interested in serving in this way please contact the Sands or myself.
Even as we re-open, the virus is still going around and many states are changing their guidelines back to restrictions. Here are a few reminders about the guidelines we are under:
1) Social distancing is still recommended.
- Seating in groups by household is still in the guidance
- 6 feet is 3 chairs between you and the next household.
- Please be considerate of those who require/desire social distancing and seek to put their interests above your own.
- We realize that convictions and opinions (and Doctors and
Health Departments) have differing information out there, we are following the local health department and the state health department not our preferences/desires. Please continue to show grace to those who have different opinions than your own.
2) Please continue to exercise caution.
- If you or someone in your household is sick, stay home.
- Please continue to take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations and wash your hands.
- A single positive case from the church could have serious implications for our gathering and re-opening plans.
3) Lastly, all of this is subject to change.
- As other states make decisions and the state and local health departments assess the data, they may change the guidelines or enact new ones.
- Please continue to pray for those in authority over us and for us as a leaders. We will continue to monitor the regulations, updates, and changes.
Elders of Countryside Bible Church